In times like these, it’s important to stay positive and have fun. We’re here to help you do that, but we want to make sure that you play smart and boss your Gala Bingo budget.
To be as responsible as we can we’re always here to listen and help if you think there could be any developing issues. Your welfare is paramount.
Therefore, the guiding principle of our safer gambling campaign, Changing for the Bettor, is to be the most trusted and enjoyable gaming operator in the world.
This strategy is based around 7 key pillars:
- Understanding the problem and best solutions –we have announced a five year, multi-million dollar project with the Division on Addiction, Cambridge Health Alliance, a Harvard Medical School teaching hospital.
- Educating our key stakeholders –including the national rollout of youth education programmes with gambling charities as well as state-school awareness campaigns.
- Promoting responsible attitudes –leading the industry in agreeing responsible marketing campaigns.
- Empowering customers the Gala way – using algorithms and gambling controls to prevent gambling harm and additional safer gambling mechanisms for early detection and prevention of problem gambling.
- Funding treatment for those in need –increasing our donation to research, education and treatment on problem gambling ten-fold, from 0.1% to 1% of gross gaming revenue (GGR).
- Championing responsible product design –developing more responsible product design principles.
- Driving cultural change within our business – ensuring that a safer gambling approach underpins all aspects of our business
This page was last reviewed and updated: February 2020